Outdoor Toilet Solutions
What do people do in the absence of a toilet? During emergencies or while outdoors for camping, survival, or more, without a flushing toilet, it’s important to dispose of excrements appropriately. Diseases such as cholera, dysentery, giardia, typhoid fever, and hepatitis can be transferred through human feces.
So, what are your options? Here are a few emergency toilet solutions:
- Five-gallon bucket: line the bucket with heavy-duty trash bags (there are also liners made specifically for this.) Add kitty litter, sawdust, peat, or dirt to the bottom, attaching a snap-on toilet seat to the top. Sprinkle a cup or two of bleach, diluted with water in a 1:10 solution, to kill bacteria.
- ChemiSan: a product specifically designed to turn human waste into compost. This revolutionary powder is easy to apply, effective, and safe.
- ‘Go Anywhere’ toilet kits: this biodegradable solution safely disposes of liquid and human waste. The gel solution breaks down human waste effortlessly.
- Waterless Freestanding Emergency Toilet: this option is safe, sanitary, and does not use chemicals, water, gas, or electricity. Due to its size, this option will require prior planning or be added to an emergency preparedness kit or bag.
- Dirt: use a heavy-duty shovel to dig a small hole (deep enough to completely cover the excrements) and then bury appropriately.
In addition to the solutions above, make sure you check your list for all the little essentials like toilet paper, hand sanitizer, wipes, etc.
Do you need other emergency supplies? Shop Wolf Survival Gear’s wide selection today!
Wolf Survival Gear is a hub for all your prepping and survival needs. We are a trusted resource for concerned families, avid hunters, or serious preppers. Make us your one-stop-shop and prepare now, before you’ll need it later. Visit our website or e-mail us today for more information.
Written by the digital marketing staff at Creative Programs & Systems: www.cpsmi.com.